What better way to celebrate the Easter weekend, with a nice home cooked wood-roasted salmon. This very simple recipe is a winner!
- 2.2kg Salmon (skin on)
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon fresh herbs, finely chopped
- Put the butter onto a rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven until melted.
- Trim and pin the bone of the salmon. Cut into portions without cutting though the skin.
- Brush some of the melted butter over the top of the salmon and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, herbs and the zest of one of the lemons.
- Slice the second lemon into half rounds and place slices between each portion.
- The oven should have a floor temperature of 550 F with a low flame. Roast in the oven for 18-20 minutes. Turn the pan every 6 minutes to ensure the salmon is evenly cooked.
- All the fish to stand for 5 minutes before serving
Did you find this useful?Subscribe to “A Slice of Life”, for more great tips and recipes. We promise to only send you useful and interesting information!
We are a manufacturer of authentic wood-fired, gas and dual fuel ovens. We deliver to your door in a ready-to-assemble kit. Belforno ovens are designed in the Italian tradition. They use only the finest refractory ceramic materials. This means they hold heat for long periods of time and provide superior cooking results. Contact us for more information.