BBQ Pork RibsAugust 23, 2019
The Perfect Pizza Dough RecipeJanuary 24, 2020
Try this Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie recipe.
Happy Thanksgiving! What would Thanksgiving be without some delicious pumpkin pie, we thought we would share our holiday pumpkin pie recipe.
This Thanksgiving pumpkin pie recipe is easy to make at home and is that perfect sweet treat during the holidays.
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 & 1/4 cups of evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1,15-ounce canned pumpkin puree
- 1 store-bought pie crust ( any of your local grocery stores should have this)
- For those who have more time, homemade pie crust will also do
- Fire up your wood-fired oven to 400’F
- Roll the dough out and gently fit into the pie plate, trim any excess dough and flute the edges.
- Bake the pie crust at 400’F for 12-15 minutes, remove and set aside to cool.
- For the pie filling use a large mixing bowl. Whisk the brown sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves together.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin puree and evaporated milk together. Ensure it is well mixed.
- Pour the separate mixing bowl of wet ingredients over into the dry ingredients and mix together. Mix well to ensure its perfect.
- Pour mixture into the partially baked pie crust. Allow the pie to bake at 400’F for 50 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and allow for it to cool down for a few hours. The centre of the pie will be slightly wobbly, that’s perfect!
- Once the pie is cooled down, cover the pie up and refrigerate overnight.
Additional FREE Downloads:
Belforno Wood-Fired Pizza Cookbook
Belforno Perfect Pizza Dough Recipe
Did you find this Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie recipe useful? Subscribe to “A Slice of Life”, for more great tips and recipes. We promise to only send you useful and interesting information!
Belforno Wood-Fired Ovens
We are a manufacturer of authentic wood-fired, gas and dual fuel ovens. We deliver to your door in a ready-to-assemble kit. Belforno ovens are designed in the Italian tradition. They use only the finest refractory ceramic materials. This means they hold heat for long periods of time and provide superior cooking results. Contact us for more information.