In celebration of Father’s Day, we have put together a mouth watering roasted pork recipe. This simple yet delicious recipe is a must try.
- 2 kg Boneless pork
- 2 oranges, zested and juiced
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon white miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1 red chili, diced
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Place pork in a bowl which will be used to marinate the pork.
- Mix orange zest and juice with sugar and miso, then add chili flakes.
- Pour mixture over pork, spread mixture evenly over pork by rubbing it all over the pork.
- Cover pork and allow it to rest for a few hours, for the best result of and extra flavour, rest the pork overnight in the fridge.
- Heat your oven to 300 F.
- Place onion slices in an oven roasting pan
- Place the marinated pork on top of the onions, use any leftover marinade and pour it over the pork for maximum flavor.
- Pour 500ml of water in the roasting pan and then cover the pork with foil and allow it to cook for 4 hours.
- Increase the heat of the oven to 365 F, remove foil off the pork and place back in the oven allowing the top to roast and become crispy. Continuously pouring the juice of the baking tray over the pork to ensure it doesn’t dry out.
- Add water if need and allow to cook for another 90 minutes.
- Allow pork to rest, pout juices over and sprinkle diced chili and season with salt and pepper.
Did you find this useful?Subscribe to “A Slice of Life”, for more great tips and recipes. We promise to only send you useful and interesting information!
Belforno Wood-Fired Ovens
We are a manufacturer of authentic wood-fired, gas and dual fuel ovens. We deliver to your door in a ready-to-assemble kit. Belforno ovens are designed in the Italian tradition. They use only the finest refractory ceramic materials. This means they hold heat for long periods of time and provide superior cooking results. Contact us for more information.