Thanksgiving Wood-Fired Turkey RecipeNovember 21, 2018
Wood-Roasted SalmonApril 16, 2019
Christmas is a time for giving and sharing a meal with family and friends. The countdown to Christmas has begun.
Using your wood fired oven to cook your Christmas roasted potatoes is easy and delicious with this recipe.
Enjoy! Merry Christmas.
Wood fired Roasted Potatoes
- 2 pounds of potatoes
- 4 tablespoons of duck or goose fat or 100 ml of Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons of flour
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt for serving
- (Chopped Dried herbs optional)
- Firstly get your wood fired over started up. Regulate the temperature to be between 420- 500 F for that perfect roasted potatoes.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into quarters. The perfect bite size portion.
- Place potatoes into a large pot, fill pot with enough water to cover potatoes. Add a salt and let the potatoes boil for 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are boiling place duck / goose fat or 100 ml of Olive Oil in roasting tray. Place the roasting tray with choice of oil at the oven door in order to heat up the oil.
- Once the potatoes are done boiling. Drain potatoes in a colander, pat the potatoes down with some paper towel to ensure all excess water is drained.
- Sprinkle flour evenly over the potatoes, toss them around to ensure every potato is covered. (1 teaspoon of dried finely chopped parsley or thyme can be sprinkled over as an added extra)
- Place potatoes in roasting try with the melted oil.
- Ensure the potatoes are evenly spread in the tray to ensure its baked to perfection.
- Roast potatoes for 20-30 minutes depending on how crispy you would like them. Turn potatoes every 15 minutes.
- Once cooked as desired, sprinkle sea salt over roasted potatoes and serve with the perfect Christmas roast.
Additional FREE Downloads:
Wood-Fired Pizza Cookbook
Perfect Pizza Dough Recipe
Did you find this useful?Subscribe to “A Slice of Life”, for more great tips and recipes. We promise to only send you useful and interesting information!
Belforno Wood-Fired Ovens
We are a manufacturer of authentic wood-fired, gas and dual fuel ovens. We deliver to your door in a ready-to-assemble kit. Belforno ovens are designed in the Italian tradition. They use only the finest refractory ceramic materials. This means they hold heat for long periods of time and provide superior cooking results. Contact us for more information.