We love pizza. We love breakfast. Cue the breakfast pizza, one of today’s hottest food trends. Whether you’re a fan of the traditional bacon and eggs or a bit more adventurous, we’ve collected the best recipes on the web to bring you a week’s work of breakfast pizza recipes.
You can find the Belforno Wood-Fired Breakfast Pizza Recipe at the end of this article.
1. Sausage Breakfast Pizza
2. Individual Asparagus, Bacon & Egg Pizzas
3. Gluten Free Mexican Breakfast Pizza
4. Kale & Ricotta Breakfast Pizza
5. Breakfast Hash Pizza
6. Two Cheese Breakfast Pizza
7. Belforno Wood-Fired Breakfast Pizza
Breakfast pizza no longer has to refer to cold, leftover pizza from the night before. Hot and crispy pizza with bacon and goats cheese and an oozing egg make this an English breakfast with an Italian twist.
200g Perfect Pizza Dough
1/3 cup pizza sauce
100g fior-di-latte or bufala mozzarella
4-6 slices back bacon
1 cup goats cheese, crumbled
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 handful fresh basil
1 Tablespoon olive oil
400g can diced Italian tomatoes
1 garlic clove, sliced
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in saucepan and cook the garlic over medium-low heat until starting to brown.
- Discard the garlic and add the tomato, stirring over medium heat until thick.
- Add the salt and blend with a stick blender.
- Finally, stir in the oregano. Cool the sauce completely.
- Fry the bacon until crispy.
- Press the dough into a rectangle a 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread the sauce onto the prepared pizza base.
- Add the mozarella, goats cheese and bacon.
- Break the eggs onto the pizza and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a moderate oven (450F) for 8 to 12 minutes or until the egg is set.
Did you find this useful?
Subscribe to “A Slice of Life”, for more great tips and recipes. We promise to only send you useful and interesting information!
Belforno Wood-Fired Ovens
We are a manufacturer of authentic wood-fired, gas and dual fuel ovens that we deliver to your home in a ready-to-assemble kit. Belforno ovens are designed in the Italian tradition using only the finest refractory ceramic materials to hold heat for long periods of time and provide superior cooking results. Contact us for more information.