What would a Labor Day weekend be without a cookout? We have this easy yet tasty barbecue ribs recipe.
- 4 pounds of pork ribs
- 2Tbls olive oil
- 2tsp paprika
- 2tsp salt
- 1/2tsp cumin
- 2tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1tsp cayenne pepper powder (Optional for spicy ribs)
- 1Tbls Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1Tbls lemon juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2Tbls honey
- 1tsp cayenne pepper (Optional for spicy ribs)
- 1tsp chilli flakes (Optional for spicy ribs)
- Fire up your wood-fired oven to 350`F
- Mix all the ingredients of the marinade together and allow to rest in the fridge
- Remove the membrane of the ribs. Once removed place ribs on a baking tray lined with foil.
- Mix all the dry ingredients of the dry rub together and season the ribs on both sides. Drizzle the olive oil on both sides of the ribs and rub the mixture into ribs.
- Cover the ribs with foil and allow to cook in the oven for 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
- Remove ribs from the wood-fired oven and increase the temperature to 460`F.
- Lather the ribs with the marinade, using a brush to ensure its spread evenly.
- Place marinaded ribs back in the oven for 10 minutes to allow it to grill. Turn the ribs around every 2 minutes to ensure both sides are grilled to perfection
- Allow ribs to rest for 10 minutes before slicing them.
Did you find this useful? Subscribe to “A Slice of Life”, for more great tips and recipes. We promise to only send you useful and interesting information!
Belforno Wood-Fired Ovens
We are a manufacturer of authentic wood-fired, gas and dual fuel ovens. We deliver to your door in a ready-to-assemble kit. Belforno ovens are designed in the Italian tradition. They use only the finest refractory ceramic materials. This means they hold heat for long periods of time and provide superior cooking results. Contact us for more information.